Thursday, February 3, 2011

Trust Should Come First, Not Last

God’s promise to Jacob:  “Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land.  For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.  Genesis 28:15

When you know the will of God, you must ask yourself whether your behavior is the behavior of a person who is counting on God’s faithfulness and power or are you trying to add some personal insurance of your own?   

So, now I finally get it ~~ God wants my wholehearted trust!  The whole point about a relationship with God is not about what I want or gain in personal safety or material prosperity, but in fellowship and peace of mind.  I can be perfectly safe or have it my way and yet experience no peace.

Faith is an attitude of will that says, “whether I feel that God is there or not, whether I feel he will listen to me or not, his Word tells me he hears and answers, and I am going to count on that.

So, TRUST should come first not last.  I need to understand that there is no limit to what God will do, no desperation He will withhold to teach me this basic lesson in prayer:  I am helpless, and I have no hope except in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As we Journey

I always wanted to be an “Artist”; however, painting just was not my talent. In spite of this, photography has always been a passion of mine.
Once I discovered that you can imprint part of yourself into the photo with the technology of the computer, I realized that I CAN be an artist, just in a different way. Therefore, the process of creating art with my photos is immeasurably exciting for me!!
What you are seeing today, with the exception of a couple of photos, is where my journey has taken me. I am now in the process of stepping back into my life “before” and have new “old” photos that are treasures waiting to be unearthed. So, keep posted, because I will be taking a trip back to the beginning of my journey and you just never know what is waiting behind the curtain!
I hope you enjoy each piece of art for what it offers ~~ as this presents endless roads of personal travel that differs for each of us. As each print is a part of my personal journey, please travel with me!!